Friday, January 10, 2014

A Tupelo New Year's Resolution


The New Year brings an opportunity for a new start and for a fresh take on new beginnings. It allows us to put the previous year behind us with the hopes of leaving the negative behind, albeit learning from it, and engaging with the chance for something positive. A New Year's Resolution give us a new sense of ambition to attempt something that we may have wanted to conquer for some time or just give us a new target to strive towards. We asked a few of our locals to share what is their New Year's Resolution and this is what they had to say.

Mayor Jason Shelton, Mayor of Tupelo 
"First and foremost, to lose some weight and make a commitment to a healthier lifestyle by taking advantage of as many Tupelo Fit Programs of 2014 as possible. Also, I want to continue to promote civic pride in the City of Tupelo."

Zell Long, Chief Professional Officer for B&G Club of North MS
"Personally, I’d like to get healthier this year. Professionally, I'd love to see the community continue to support the Boys & Girls Club and that it would become the organization of choice to donators. I'd also love to see in our community that it wouldn’t take a tragedy to bring us together and we would support each other always. And as always, my number one prioroity is to serve the Lord with gladness.

Matt Laubhan, WTVA Chief Meteorologist
"I have two. The first is prepare more, rush less. The second is, do more for those you know and less for those you don’t. I don’t mean that in an ugly way, it’s just sometimes I’m sitting in a waiting room next to someone and I’m more concerned with what someone on social media is saying rather than what the person next to me is."

Chauncey Godwin, Owner of Tupelo HoneyBaked Ham & Tupelo CVB Board Member
"I’d love to take off 30 pounds, or just be healthier in general!"

Craig Horton, Host of Mississippi Sports This Morning
"My resolution for 2014 is to every day become more cognizant of what is right and real. To realize and give thanks for our blessings, and cherish every moment with those I love. Also, I turn 50 in 2014- so I resolve to LOOK 40 by Sept. 2nd!  That of course will require proper diet, lots of exercise, and a generous amount of Just For Men."

Alayjah & Aniyah Sherer - Daughters of Demetra Sherer, Group Sales/Sales Manager for Tupelo CVB
Alayjah (15): "My goal for the year is to finish school with all A's and win the 6A Girls Basketball Championship!"

Aniyah (8): "I want to learn how to do a round off and to be in more pageants!"

JB Clark, News Reporter for The Daily Journal
"My wife and I are going through Jen Hatmaker's '7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess' this year as a practice to show ourselves how excessive we are in our everyday life. A quick Google search will explain it, but month one is you pick seven foods and that's all you eat the whole month. The second is clothes and so on.
"I've also resolved to hit the gym five days a week, wake up at seven five days a week, practice guitar scales five days a week and write fiction. I just want to be more intentional with my time, less video games or just staring at the wall."


2 comments:

  1. These are all great resolutions. Mine is to continue working to make a positive impact on everyone I encounter. I also plan to remain involved in our city and especially in the arts community, helping us realize locally the impact of the Mississippi Creative Economy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are great Resolutions! Very commendable actions!

      Delete